Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday

Yesterday would have been my late husband's 40th birthday. Not that we would have celebrated it (he never did celebrate his birthday), but he did like to indulge in having cake anyway. We used to joke about how "old" he was getting as he crept up towards this birthday..... little did we know he wouldn't make it past 38.

I don't have anything much to say about it, no wise words, good quotes or advice to give..... just another day where I stop and pause for a minute & indulge in a  "what would have been" moment. But these days don't seem to hit me with the same amount of impact that they had the first year. Instead, after my brief pause, I continue to go about my life -- although it is always with the knowledge that even the most mundane moments are now the most precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment